Current Events & Concerns

Winter Parking Ban Information

Killingly Code of Ordinances Chapter 10, Section 10-17

In order to allow for effective removal of snow and ice the Town may implement a parking ban on one or more public streets or parking lots. A parking ban may be implemented prior to, during, or after a winter storm. During a parking ban, no vehicle may be parked on the street(s) or parking lot(s) effected by the ban. Vehicles that are parked in violation of a parking ban are subject to ticketing and/or towing. It should be assumed that whenever winter weather is forecast or occurring a parking ban will be implemented.

The specific hours and locations of the parking ban will be determined by the Town. A minimum of four (4) hours notice will be provided to the public by utilizing local radio stations and a 24-hour recorded parking ban information line. The following radio stations will be notified of a planned parking ban:

  • WINY 1350 AM
  • WICH 1310 AM
  • WCTY 97.7 FM
  • WNLC 98.7 FM
  • WKNL 100.9 FM

Cable Channel 20, the Norwich Bulletin and/or informal signs may also be utilized depending upon the severity of the weather and the time and duration of the parking ban. For information about winter weather parking bans, please contact the following:

  • Resident State Troopers Office: (860) 779-3900
  • Public Works Department: (860) 779-5385
  • 24 Hour Recorded Parking Ban Info: (860) 779-5375

Ordinance Requiring Registration of Burglar Alarms

Ordinance Article IV Section 11-70

In an effort to reduce false alarms, effective January 1, 2009, the Resident State Troopers will begin enforcing any and all fines for false alarms and alarms systems that are not registered. You may obtain copies of the ordinance and registration forms at the Town Manager's Office  located at Killingly Town Hall, 172 Main Street, Killingly CT 06239. For further information please contact Carol Kiley at (860) 779-5334. 

Security / Vacation Request Form

Click here to access the form. Please complete and return completed form to the Town Manager's Office.